When Danica Patrick Announced She Was Leaving LndyCar

When Danica Patrick appear she was abrogation IndyCar, she was additionally abrogation all the IndyCar advance that went forth with the series. She fabricated it accepted Indianapolis Motor Speedway would consistently be in her affection and she would one day go aback – and win.

So it was added than applicable aback the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Alternation was announced, there was a change in area from Lucas Oil Raceway to Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

With the new bifold attack came new logistics. The Nationwide alternation abashed to the Cup barn and the
Cup alternation abashed to what is usually the F1 garage. Patrick said logistically the blueprint is not “the best” for banal cars. And that wasn’t the alone affair altered for the driver.

“It acquainted funny active through Gasoline Alley,” Patrick said. “I’m acclimated to walking.”

During her pre-race media availability, all of the allocution was about her history at the clue and her animosity about actuality in a altered series.

“I anticipate the best affair about advancing back, it feels accustomed and it feels comfortable,” Patrick said. “I’m consistently happy. I woke up this morning and I pushed the blinds accessible in the bus and I said ‘it feels acceptable to see Indianapolis.’

“I don’t affliction what I drive, I aloof like actuality here. Obviously I’ve had abundant adventures (here). I aloof like the track. I adulation the tradition.”

But in the aftermost few months, rumors acquire amorphous that Patrick will be abiding to IndyCar in 2013 to chase in the Indianapolis 500. As far as NASCAR is concerned, by afresh she will be antagonism full-time in the Cup alternation for Stewart-Haas Racing.

“I would adulation to do it, I’ve said it all along,” she said. “I feel like it was consistently my arch chase of the year. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won’t.

“It will alone appear if it is with (a team) I can absolutely acquire a adventitious to go out and win with. If we do it, it will be with a attempt to be able to win. On top of that, there’s a accomplished lot of acumen to adamant out. Aboriginal and foremost, a acceptable car.”

Back to NASCAR topics, Patrick said the aberration amid a banal car and an Indy car was the bottomward force, adage she capital added in the banal cars.

“The cars are accepting actual low in the corners, which can be a crisis in IndyCar,” Patrick said.

The two practices were best than accepted aback the cars had never been on the clue before. Patrick was average, finishing ninth and 13th. She able 20th, abutting to Travis Pastrana (who yet afresh acicular out he able “between the girls,” apropos to Johanna Long and Patrick).

Patrick’s chase was boring until about lap 35 aback she got on her radio and said “someone” was authoritative her mad. It was bright on lap 39 who that “someone” was aback she rammed into the aback of the No. 98 of Reed Sorenson, accident both of their cars.

Crew arch Tony Eury Jr. anon got on the radio and said, “We’re putting (the car) on the truck. Aback we do brainless being like that, we don’t go aback out.”

Patrick was clearly recorded in 35th and becoming her fifth DNF of the season. Of the top 15 drivers in the series, alone one disciplinarian has added DNFs than Patrick – Brian Scott, with six.

Of the wreck, Patrick said it was artlessly a antagonism incident.

“I didn’t beggarly to booty him out, I was aloof aggravating to go about him,” she said. “It’s aloof a bummer.”

Sorenson, however, saw things a bit differently.

“We were about to pit and the abutting affair I apperceive I was sideways,” he said. “I’m not abiding there was abundant I could do. I anticipation I had it saved. I don’t apperceive what the accord was.”

That wasn’t the alone ball in the race. On the final restart, Elliott Sadler was black-flagged for jumping the restart. Sadler banned to acquire the amends but was eventually affected to complete a drive thru penalty.

Ultimately, Brad Keselowski would go on to win the actual race, giving Roger Penske his 100th NASCAR National alternation win and his aboriginal banal car win at Indianapolis. Teammate Sam Hornish – a above Indy 500 champ – was second. Ty Dillon, Denny Hamlin and Austin Dillon annular out the top five.

After the race, Sadler, forth with aggregation buyer Richard Childress, met with NASCAR admiral to altercate the restart incident. Abrogation anybody added confused, NASCAR said he didn’t jump the restart but he did exhausted the baton to the line. The amends stood and Sadler now leads the Championship action by one point over Dillon.

The alternation active to a standalone chase at Iowa Speedway abutting weekend.



 Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "When Danica Patrick Announced She Was Leaving LndyCar"

Post a Comment