Perhaps You Had Forgotten About Elisabeth Shue

Perhaps you had abandoned about Elisabeth Shue, but the extra is accomplishing her best to admonish you she's still around.

The 48-year-old has replaced Marg Helgenberger in the TV alternation CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. And she stars adverse The Hunger Games amateur Jennifer Lawrence in the abstruseness Abode at the End of the Street, which opens in theatres Sept. 21.

In the movie, Shue plays Sarah, the mother of Elissa (Lawrence). Back they move to a baby town, things
don't go well.

For one thing, they ascertain their abode is abutting aperture to the home area a adolescent babe murdered her parents. For another, Elissa befriends Ryan (Max Thieriot), the alone actual affiliate of the accursed family, which leads to some awful repercussions.

Hardly a amateur in a brand movie, Shue co-starred in the 2000 sci-fi accommodate Hollow Man and 2005's Hide and Seek. And, she's quick to point out the accent of her latest achievement is in aciculate adverse to her role in 2010's Piranha.

"Hopefully, this is a bit added real," says Shue of Abode at the End of the Street during a contempo account in Los Angeles. "I absolutely like the astriction in the film, and the way the characters are accustomed to alive and breathe, so things aren't jumping out at you all the time."

Another absolute is the affiliation accustomed amid Shue and Lawrence as mother and daughter.

"We didn't get too abundant time calm afore we started filming, but we had some dinners and abashed out," addendum the actress.

It helped that they affirmed about immediately.

"Jen is such a abundant person, and I accept so abundant account for her," Shue says. "I was absolutely absolute abroad by her talent, ability and confidence."

Still, the adept didn't action admonition about actual the blaze of the spotlight. "I got assignment with her afore she became this huge Hunger Games star, but she was absolutely acquainted of what she was accepting into."

Meanwhile, filming in Ottawa brought aback addicted memories, abnormally her break at the Fairmont Château Laurier auberge during the summer shoot in 2010.

"I absolutely like it a lot," she says of Canada's capital. "And my daughter, who was six at the time and absolutely into princesses and castles, consistently looked advanced to visiting me because she got to break in a castle."

Certainly, Shue had her time to flash at a adolescent age. In the 1980s, she was featured in a cord of hits, including The Karate Kid as Ralph Macchio's onscreen girlfriend, her aboriginal starring role, Adventures in Babysitting, the Aback to the Future sequels and adverse Tom Cruise in Cocktail.

Her believability as an extra was accepted with her Oscar-nominated role as a prostitute in the 1995 Nicolas Cage blur Leaving Las Vegas.

In 2000, she alternate to Harvard University to access her degree. "I assuredly accelerating back I was 38," she says. Since then, the mother of three has boring alternate to the acting game, but with a faculty of humour about her career.

For Steve Coogan's Hamlet 2 in 2008, she played a fictionalized adaptation of herself as a balked extra who larboard her profession to become a nurse. She additionally appeared in a few episodes of Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm in 2010 defining a once-famous extra on the improvement trail.

"What fabricated me beam was my abettor was so abashed about cogent me they had offered me the Hamlet 2 role, because I would be arena myself as a back-number actress," she says. "I laughed so adamantine back he told me, I knew I had to do it."

Shue wasn't consistently so self-deprecating. "Sometimes, the ups and downs of the business complete you, alike adjoin your will," she says. "I accept assuredly got above the difficulties, and I am not abashed of the boxy moments as much."

Currently, her gig on CSI occupies her time, but she has two accessible films, too. She co-stars with Gerard Butler in the surfing ball Chasing Mavericks, which opens in backward October. And she aloof captivated the ball Feed the Dog, with pop brilliant Selena Gomez and Heather Graham.

"I comedy a Mrs. Robinson-type character," says Shue of her Feed the Dog part. "So that should be acceptable for a laugh, too."


  Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Perhaps You Had Forgotten About Elisabeth Shue"

Post a Comment