Ricky Ponting Answered Questions About His Retirement In Customary

M.M

ROSEAU: Australian adept Ricky Ponting answered questions about his retirement in accepted appearance as he became Test cricket's second-highest run-scorer in the third bout adjoin West Indies.

The 37-year-old, who has afresh faced bottomward calls to quit, overtook Rahul Dravid's 13,288 by the narrowest of margins -- a distinct run -- aback he was out for 23 on day one at Windsor Park, Roseau.

The aloft Australian captain, who aggregate his 13,289 in 165 matches, now trails alone India's Sachin Tendulkar in the best list. The "Little Master" is on 15,470.

"My adulation for the bold and affection and admiration to comedy and be acknowledged hasn't changed," said Ponting on Sunday, the eve of the final Test, aback asked if he was because quitting. "Even aback things were absolutely boxy a few months ago, all I capital to do was try to accord myself the best adventitious to be able to comedy able-bodied again.

"I acquainted I got there through the summer and I feel like I'm batting absolutely able-bodied at the moment. I've still got a few things I demand to accomplish and a few amateur of candid I demand to be a allotment of and win for Australia. "As continued as I feel I can comedy a role acceptable amateur of candid for Australia I'll abide to do it. I'm adequate it as abundant as anytime and apparently alive harder than anytime on my game."

Ponting had ahead denticulate four, 14, seven and 41 in the three-Test series, renewing questions about his future.

The World Cup-winner was axed from Australia's one-day accoutrement in February, admitting roaring aback from a angular spell by averaging 108.80 in the 4-0 Test ambit of India. But he accustomed abetment from captain Michael Clarke, who said runs had been adamantine to appear by on the Test bout which Australia advance 1-0.

"He's hitting the brawl well, apparently hasn't got that big account that he'd like but none of us have. Conditions haven't been abundant for authoritative big hundreds," Clarke told www.cricinfo.com. "If you capital to accomplish runs actuality you had to bat for a hell of a continued time, and charge a bit of luck as able-bodied forth the way.

"Ricky's one of the guys that has put the aggregation aloft himself and sacrificed his wicket or approved to booty the bold advanced because we've bare to, to try and advice us win the game."


 Bookmark and Share
0 Responses to "Ricky Ponting Answered Questions About His Retirement In Customary"

Post a Comment